I finally have a finished crochet project to share. This is a wheelchair wrap that I made for a friend's friend.
It is such a nice pattern to work with. Then I made the flowers. The one on the right is from Bunny Mummy's website, she links to where she found the pattern. The other one I made a flower shape (the largest first, then made one a little smaller and stitched it on, then made one more smaller one and also stitched that one. Today I found the buttons to put on the front of the flowers.
I went searching for what edging I could use, ended up back at Bunny Mummy's and used her v-stitch edging. It went perfectly with the wrap because at each point in the wrap there is a v-stitch.
Here is the back of the wrap. I was trying to show the pattern in the wrap. It has open holes all along the bottom and also up the side, but it wasn't very easy to show in the pictures, and it was very sunny outside when I took these pictures.
I tried folding the wrap too, this might be the picture where you can see the holes in the pattern the best.
Here are close-ups of the two flowers and the backs. I did not use the same yarn to make the flowers that I used on the wrap, but I believe they coordinate very well, I didn't know how well until in these pictures the flowers blend in so to the wrap, especially the backs. Again I went searching about how I was going to put the pin backs on, looking for different options, seemed I remember seeing somewhere where the pin back where it gets sewn didn't show or was covered up after, but I couldn't find that way. Again Bunny Mummy and Attic24 had examples of pins they made and showed the backs (thank you ladies) so that is how I finished my pins, and I am very happy with the way they turned out.
I need to turn my crafting attention to making crochet items for a bazaar in November, and hats and scarves for the homeless, and any gift making I am doing. So I hope to have many more f.o to share soon. I will return to my WIP's in January, and see what I can turn into more f.o's!!!!!