shabby blooms

Monday, April 11, 2011

Alpaca's at State Park and Plantation

My Mom and I went to a lovely State Park to see how they shear the Alpaca's, and how they spin the Alpaca's hair into yarn.  We enjoyed ourselves very much.
Here is the lovely country road into the Park, (I am a country girl at heart)



Love these winding, hilly roads
Along the road you can see water from different spots.  I stopped on a bridge and took theses pictures below.
 
  
My favorite one, I don't know his name, I'll just refer to him as "HandFull"
  
Here is "HandFull" getting a beautiful haircut
 
This is his "Rug" I believe the man said.
 
All Pretty, Can you believe this is "HandFull", he looks so different after his haircut!
 
Here is somebody spinning the Alpaca hair into yarn, it looks like so much fun, Maybe I'll learn how to do that one day!
 
He forgot his manners:  It's not polite to chew with your mouth open, he was the only one eating and showing his teeth!!

Walking/Biking Path, didn't have time to go down there, I will next time.
 
I think this is the neatest sign, I saw a picture of a sign like it somewhere on the web, and then I seen one myself in person.

Some more pictures of animals they had at the Park.






Also discovered they had beautiful picnic shelters with an awesome view of the James River:






Look at this bee, can you see his stinger??  I got sidetracked from my scenery pics and followed this bee around for a while!!



The park had beautiful flowerbeds with Tulips and Grape Hyacinths, there was also daffodils but they were finished.

I'd better get going, next time I'll post some pictures of crochet projects, I'm hooked on hexagons right now, inspired by Bunny Mummy's and now Le Monde Sucrette.
René

Oh wait, one last picture of me feeding the sweet Goats

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, welcome to the world of blogging. Looking forward to seeing some crochet posts. I taught myself to crochet last year and am still learning as I'm still only doing the basics. I enjoy lots of different crafts from card making, sketching, sewing, knitting (rather poorly I might add), oil painting and decorating. I come from Australia, now living on the east coast although I grew up in Western Australia on a farm. I particularly enjoyed your photos of all those animals, especially the goats. They have so much personality.
    Looking forward to your next post.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete